Committed to better energy, over 98,000 employees help throughout the world to provide the Group’s customers with products and services that are safer, more affordable, cleaner, more efficient, more innovative and accessible to the greatest number of people.
Total puts Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) at the heart of its activities and conducts its operations according to the following principles of:
- protecting the safety and security of people and its facilities;
- limiting its environmental footprint;
- ensuring that its Code of Conduct is applied in its sphere of operations;
- incorporating the challenges of sustainable development in the exercise of its activities;
- increasing its local operations by placing dialogue with its stakeholders at the heart of its policy and contributing to the economic and
social development of the regions where the Group has operations with the objective of creating shared value;
- promoting equal opportunities and fostering diversity and cultural mix among its personnel.
INPEX Corporation is Japan’s largest Oil & Gas Exploration and Production (E&P) company.
Total and Inpex have teamed up for the first time in Indonesia in 1970 to develop the Mahakam Block in East Kalimantan. This initial partnership is often referred to as the Japanese oil industry’s most successful story and a model of French-Japanese industrial cooperation.
Since then, we have extended our partnership there and work together on multiple projects such as :
- Abu Dhabi (ADCO, ABK …),
- Australia (Ichthys LNG),
- Kazaksthan (Kashagan),
- Azerbaidjan (BTC pipeline),
- Angola (Block 14)
- Canada (Joslyn)
- and more ...
Total and Mitsui notably cooperate in Exploration & Production for the Tempa Rossa onshore project, located in southern Italy.
Mitsui is one of the Japan’s Big 5 general trading companies.